fun!

Maggie Schmitt
Took my cousin from CA up to Sandia crest today to look for the finches.  when we arrived a big flock had just flown in to my cousins great excitement, just where the feeders are, then quickly departed.  we sat watching them, while many people came and went noisily in the parking lot.  we saw a fair amount of them, but, goodness gracious, just when we had walked back to the car, another flock of 20-30 arrived, and did we ever get a AAA view of all three species!  what fun, and they are beautiful little birds!  I recommend for first time viewers, stay near the car.  we got too close and kept them away.