Visit to Sandia Crest Feb 23

Posted on the AZ/NM RBA

Robert has trouble posting his video-- It is possible to embed videos on this Forum page, but he will need an embed code. I assume the embed code from YouTube will not display properly here, either, but perhaps someone knows more about this than I and can provide him with a suggestion. I have not had any trouble embedding my HD clips on my other forum (Here is an example of one of my clips of two eaglets eating a prey item, a white heron or ibis)  Ken

Date:    Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:10:36 -0800
From:    Robert Lewis
Subject: Re: NM: Sandia Crest yesterday

My wife and I visited Sandia Crest yesterday, Feb 23, and got easy good views of the Rosy Finches. There were around 80 birds, 2 Brown-capped, 1 Hepburn's.  Most of the rest were Gray-crowned.  We were there from around 1:00 - 2:00.

I have a good quality 1 minute video, but it occupies 70 meg. I would be glad to share it if someone knows a free way to post and display it to maintain the high quality.  I tried Flickr but the quality is very degraded.

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY
(now in ABQ)

Re: Visit to Sandia Crest Feb 23

rfermat
Hi,

  Your video of the eagles looks great.  Is that just a posting to Youtube?  I assumed that if I posted to Youtube the quality would be greatly degraded.

Bob Lewis

Date:    Thu, 24 Feb 2011 07:10:36 -0800
From:    Robert Lewis

My wife and I visited Sandia Crest yesterday, Feb 23, and got easy good views of the Rosy Finches. There were around 80 birds, 2 Brown-capped, 1 Hepburn's.  Most of the rest were Gray-crowned.  We were there from around 1:00 - 2:00.

I have a good quality 1 minute video, but it occupies 70 meg. I would be glad to share it if someone knows a free way to post and display it to maintain the high quality.  I tried Flickr but the quality is very degraded.

Bob Lewis
Sleepy Hollow NY
(now in ABQ)

http://sandia-crest-birding-forum.3149816.n2.nabble.com/Visit-to-Sandia-Crest-Feb-23-tp6066111p6066111.html
This email was sent by Rosyfinch (via Nabble)
To receive all replies by email, subscribe to this discussion

Re: Visit to Sandia Crest Feb 23

Yes, Bob. I took that eaglet film clip with my Canon 60D in the .MOV format and uploaded it to You Tube. It is in HD, and after loading, YouTube has options to view either in low resolution or HD. Of course, the latter option looks much better, especially in full screen. You might just try YouTube again-- a full minute may take quite a while, depending upon your processor, but be patient.

You may note in the Message Menu that we can embed videos from YouTube, LiveLeak and PollDaddy (the latter flash only).

Your photos are splendid, and I bet your video will give users of this FORUM who have never been there a good idea of what it is like to experience the Rosies at Sandia Crest. So, I hope you will embed it in a new separate message here-- that way, I can pin it at the top of this sub-forum for everyone's convenience and enjoyment.

Thanks again!