UPDATE: November 27, 2022

FYI, this information is from Nancy Cox of Rio Grande Bird Research

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 9:35 AM Nancy Cox <sora2547@gmail.com> wrote:

We are up at the Crest now and saw 15 Black and 1 Brown-capped Rosy-Finches.   Two chipmunks, lots of juncos, and 1 Hairy Woodpecker are also coming to the feeder.

    Nancy

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022, 05:53 Nancy Cox <sora2547@gmail.com> wrote:

        The Rosy-Finches are back in the Sandias again and can be seen at a feeder near the lower parking lot for the Sandia Crest.  We have only seen Black Rosy-Finches so far but hope to see all 3 species.  We have volunteers going up to replenish the sunflower chips 3 - 4 times a week.

        We will be using PIT tags this year as part of a new collaborative research project.   We hope to get the tags and reader this week.  Our plan is to band on Sundays but we might be able to do a few more days during the week.   I will keep you posted.

        Nancy Cox