Thursday Birder 2013 Summer Schedule

 AUDUBON THURSDAY BIRDERS SCHEDULE  For Summer 2013

 BE AWARE THAT TRIPS MAY BE CANCELED DUE TO CLOSURES FOR FIRE PREVENTION MEASURES.
Call the leader if you hear of closures.

JUNE 6
 Hike in the Manzano/Four Hills Open Space with Gale Owings
: 505-255-8333.

 Meet at 7:20 a.m. for a 7:30 departure from the west side of the Four
 Hills Shopping Village on Central Ave. between Juan Tabo and Tramway.
 The open space is at the end of Stagecoach Road on the east side of
 the Four Hills community. With luck the Gray Vireo may be encountered.
 The one-mile walk requires steep climbing in places. The walk will end
 before noon.

JUNE 13
Visit the Perea Nature Trail near San Isidro and Paliza Campground near Jemez Pueblo with Rebecca Gracey: maryrebeccagracey@gmail.com, 505-242-3821.
Meet at 6:50 a.m. for a 7:00 departure from the Far North Shopping Center located on the east side of San Mateo and the north side of Academy.
Meet in the center of the large parking lot. Bring lunch. The trip will end in the early afternoon. For those not driving the shared gas expense is $5 at five cents per mile.

JUNE 20
Drive to Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge, formerly the Price's Dairy, in the south valley and a heron rookery in Bosque Farms with Donna Royer: dlroyer@earthlink.net, 505-869-6882.
Meet at 7:20 a.m. for a 7:30 departure from the parking lot behind the Hawthorne Suites on Gibson and University. The trip will end before noon. For those not driving the shared gas expense is $3 at five cents per mile.

> JUNE 27
> Visit Manzano Pond and Quarai National Monument with Maurice Mackey:

> 505-897-0415, moemackey@comcast.net <mailto:moemackey@comcast.net>.

Meet at 6:50 a.m. for a 7:00 departure from the west side of the Four
> Hills Shopping Village on Central Ave. between Juan Tabo and Tramway.
> The route will be NM 337 from Tijeras and southwest on NM 55 after 337
> ends. Bring lunch. The trip will end in the early afternoon. For those
> not driving the shared gas expense is $5 at five cents per mile.
>
> JULY 4 INDEPENDENCE DAY- No trip planned
>
> JULY 11
>
> Walk around the Tingley bosque ponds with Joe Schelling:
 505-797-9018,

 717-330-7063, gshirk748@gmail.com
> <mailto:gshirk748@gmail.com>.
>
> Meet at 8:00 a.m. in the Willow Creek Bosque parking lot. For people
> not living on the west side of the river, drive north on I-25 or NM
> 313, take the exit to Bernalillo and US 550. Drive west on US 550 to
> the traffic light where the highway intersects with NM 528. Turn south
> for 1.8 miles. Turn east at the traffic light on Willow Creek Road.
> Drive four blocks. After Spruce Mountain Lane, take an unpaved road
> into an arroyo. Follow it to the parking lot.The walk will be about
> one mile in length and will end before noon.
>
> AUGUST 1

Because Las Huertas picnic area is closed due to hazard trees, the August 1 trip has been changed:

Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge with Rebecca Gracey: 505-242-3821, maryrebeccagracey@gmail.com.
Meet at 6:50 a.m. for a 7:00 departure from the parking lot behind the Hawthorn Suites on Gibson and University. Bring lunch. The trip should end in the mid-afternoon. For those not driving, the shared gas expense is $10 at five cents per mile.

> AUGUST 8
>
> Walk the trails in the Sandias from the Crest to Kiwanis Meadow and
> other surrounding trails with Judy Liddell:
 505-271-0912,
> jliddell@msn.com <mailto:jliddell@msn.com>.
>
> Meet at 7:50 a.m. for an 8:00 departure from the far west side of the
> Four Hills Shopping Village on Central Ave. between Juan Tabo and
> Tramway.
>
> The trip should end before noon, but people may want to bring a lunch.
> A $3 parking fee or Federal pass is required per car. For those not
> driving the shared gas expense is $3 at five cents per mile.
>
> AUGUST 15
>
> Visit the Simms Ranch and Bonnie Long’s house in the Manzano Mountains
> for hummingbirds, bluebirds, a potluck lunch with Bonnie Long, and a
> celebration of the Simms’s 50^th wedding anniversary
: 379-1985,

 505-877-2517, rpurvis3@yahoo.com

 890-7881, lfneely@aol.com <mailto:lfneely@aol.com>.

 For more information go to www.swwings.org