The Rosy-Finches Have Arrived!

We received this message today from Fran Lusso and Dave Weaver, Sandia Crest Rosy-Finch Feeder Project Coordinators:

Ken,
We are happy to report that we put up the Rosy Finch deck feeder today and within 10 minutes there were 4 rosies enjoying it!  They came back a couple of times.  Looked like 2 black and 2 grey crowned.  So the season has begun!

Best wishes,
Fran & Dave

This is the earliest date that rosy-finches have been seen at the Crest House feeders. Last year, the feeders were also put up on October 27, but the rosies did not arrive until November 6th.

We can expect increasing numbers over the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned, and please post your sightings here as well as in the log at Crest House.

Re: The Rosy-Finches Have Arrived!

Snow is headed into the Southern Rockies!

Steve Fettig wrote:

Ken:

Wonderful news.  I'll be making a trip up there on Sunday.  There may be more on Sunday after the snow we are expected to get tonight.

Cheers,

Steve
Stephen Fettig