Sunday morning banding at Crest House starts November 20

Sunday morning banding at Crest House starts November 20

We received this message from Nancy Cox, who with spouse Steve is in charge of the Rosy-Finch banding program at Sandia Crest House.

Remember that Crest House does not open until 10:00 AM. The banding team is permitted to enter earlier to set up and begin operations. Customers (and birders who are not members of the banding team) will not be admitted until 10:00.

Hi Ken,

...Steve Cox and the boys are working hard to make sure the traps are ready for banding to start on the 20th of November.

We don't have a schedule yet but the plan so far is to band both of the remaining Sundays in November.

The schedule for December is still up in the air.  We more than likely will not be banding on the 18th of December since that has been the date scheduled for Albuquerque CBC.

Our previous Albuquerque CBC compiler has resigned but we are trying hard to make sure it still is done this year.  This count has been in existence since 1963 and it would be a shame to not have it continue.

Sorry that we did not get to see you at the Crest.

Nancy