Rosy Finch feeders are up - no birds sighted yet

Rosy Finch feeders are up - no birds sighted yet

Once again, Lee and Niki are generously donating seed for the rosy-finch feeder on the deck at Sandia Crest. We greatly appreciate their generosity !!

Fran Lusso and Dave Weaver, coordinators of the the Rosy-finch feeding project at Crest House, report:

Hi Ken,
We just returned from Sandia Crest having put up the Rosy Finch feeder for the 2010-2011 Season!  It was cold (26 degrees) and windy but crystal clear.  There had been a dusting of snow earlier in the week but no accumulation.

Lee Hopwood and Niki (proprietors of Wags and Whiskers on Corrales Road) are generously donating the seed again this year even though times are tough.  We have asked the Crest House staff to be judicious in putting out seed.

No rosies have been seen yet but we put the feeder out last year at almost the exact same time and within 20 minutes they showed up, so they may arrive at any time now!

We will report as soon as we receive a positive sighting!

Best regards,
Fran & Dave