Report: Banding on January 16, 2011; estimated 300 in flocks

Report: Banding on January 16, 2011; estimated 300 in flocks

The banding team is back in action, and we look forward to the next session, which is planned for January 23. Here is the report from Nancy and Steve Cox:

Hi all,

The team newly banded 45 Rosy-Finches today.  The majority of these were Blacks (37 individuals).  There were two new Brown-capped and six Gray-crowned (two were Hepburnā€™s and four were interior race).

They did not recapture any Rosy-Finches from previous years.

There seem to be at least two large flocks in the area with a total of about 300 Rosy-Finches.

The road is clear.

Hope to see you on the 23rd of January.

Nancy & Steve

Nancy added:

Hi Ken,

Here are the spreadsheets for the project.

Our schedule should be all Sundays from now until the Rosy-Finches leave with the exception of February 20th.  We plan to be at the Nature Center on the 20th and at the Crest House on the 19th.

Nancy

Links to new banding and recapture spreadsheets:

http://rosyfinch.com/RosyFinchPrjct.xls

http://rosyfinch.com/Annual%20Summary.xls