RFI- Birding at Sandia Crest

This morning, Anita W. wrote:

I will be going to Bosque del Apache next week and I will be flying in to Albuquerque. Since this is my 5th trip to Bosque, I would be interested in other areas to photograph birds. Is this a good place and time to view and photograph the birds at Sandia Crest? Thanks in advance for any information about birding around Albuquerque.

Anita W

= = = = =

Hi, Anita--

Yes, all three rosy-finch species (including both interior and coastal races of the Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch) are now being reported on the deck feeder at Sandia Crest. Banding takes place most Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM.

For more information and directions, as well as information about other birding opportunities in and near the Sandia Mountains, please explore the home page and the drop-down menus at rosyfinch.com

The Sandia Crest Birding Forum is a good place to browse and ask specific questions about target species.

I am posting your query and this response on the FORUM page.

Good birding!

Ken

Ken Schneider
Miramar, Florida & North Aurora, Illinois