New CNMAS Facebook Site for Birding Central New Mexico

New CNMAS Facebook Site for Birding Central New Mexico

Judy Liddell posted this note to the AZ/NM RBA. Be sure to check out her blogs, which contain very detailed and entertaining descriptions of Central New Mexico Audubon Society field trips, including the weekly "Thursday Birders" walks. Most trips are to nearby locations. I subscribe to the RSS feed on Judy's Blog, which posts it on my home page as soon as it is published.

I did not know about the new Facebook site for CNMAS, so I immediately signed up as a Fan. It contains schedules and descriptions of upcoming trips, and also uploads of Judy's recent blogs. Here is a direct link to the CNMAS Facebook site, which will be a wonderful resource for any birders planning a trip to New Mexico.

Judith Liddel wrote:

This is in response to the post about the best time to bird in New Mexico. Ken Schneider's website, www.rosyfinch.com, is really the Bible for birding in the Sandia Mountains.  To get a feel for bird sightings at different times of year, I welcome you to read my blog - www.wingandsong.wordpress.com.  I write up all of the trips of Central New Mexico Audubon (CNMAS) that I attend.  In the archives, you can check by month.

This past week's CNMAS trip went to Sulphur Canyon and Cienega Canyon Picnic Areas where we we saw migrating and lingering western warblers (Grace's, Wilson's Virginia's Yellow, Townsend's)
and flycatchers, including Hammond's.  This week's report will be posted by Sun.  To receive notification of upcoming CNMAS trips, you can become a Facebook Fan of CNMAS.

Good birding,
Judy Liddell