Nancy Cox's Banding Report: Sunday, February 5; transmitters placed on 4

Nancy Cox's Banding Report: Sunday, February 5; transmitters placed on 4

Hi all,

Today we were surprised by getting quite a few birds.  Gene had not seen any Rosy-Finches for 2 days during the week so we were not expecting much today.  However, we recaptured 22 Rosy-Finches that included 11 from previous seasons.  Five of these previous season birds we had already seen this season but it was good to see them again.  We were able to newly band 4 Brown-capped Rosy-Finches.

We put radio transmitters on 4 birds (3 Brown-capped and 1 Black).  We hope to be able to find them again this week to discover their roosting site.

The road is icy in spots.

Nancy