NOV 1: First Rosy-Finch of 2016-2017 Season arrived

NOV 1: First Rosy-Finch of 2016-2017 Season arrived

A lone Brown-capped Rosy-Finch was reported in the sightings log on November 1.

Study the plumage descriptions and photos in the FORUM to distinguish some of the early juvenile birds which can be tricky to identify.  For example, early Black Rosy-Finches have buffy feather tips and can be confused with Brown-capped species.

Please report sightings in the Rosy-Finch Sightings Log at Crest House.

See the SIGHTINGS LOG AT THIS LINK

RE: NOV 1: First Rosy-Finch of 2016-2017 Season arrived

Nancy Cox
Thanks, Ken. we hope to check things out after Thanksgiving .

A lone Brown-capped Rosy-Finch was reported in the sightings log on November 1.

Study the plumage descriptions and photos in the FORUM to distinguish some of the early juvenile birds which can be tricky to identify.  For example, early Black Rosy-Finches have buffy feather tips and can be confused with Brown-capped species.

Please report sightings in the Rosy-Finch Sightings Log at Crest House.

See the SIGHTINGS LOG AT THIS LINK

http://sandia-crest-birding-forum.3149816.n2.nabble.com/NOV-1-First-Rosy-Finch-of-2016-2017-Season-arrived-tp7572954.html
This email was sent by Rosyfinch (via Nabble)
To receive all replies by email, subscribe to this discussion