NM: Sandia Mountain Birding report--Rosies and 3-toed woodpecker

NM: Sandia Mountain Birding report--Rosies and 3-toed woodpecker

This report is from the Arizona-New Mexico bird list. Crest House will be open today.

Subject: [AZNMbirds] NM: Sandia Mountain Birds
From: Michael Hilchey <leucosticte@gmail.com>
Date: 11/26/2013 4:08 PM
To: AZNMBirds <AZNMBirds@list.arizona.edu>

Hi all,

Half day tour this morning produced some good birds.

A late BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER was at Embudito Canyon. Hopefully it will stay for the Sandia CBC.

A NORTHERN SHRIKE gave us great looks on Entrosa Road east of Mountain View Road. This is the same area where Northern Shrikes have been found before and is accessed from Frost Road. For more detailed directions give me a call.

The Crest House was closed for some reason but we did have both BLACK and BROWN-CAPPED ROSY-FINCHES near the deck. We also had a female THREE-TOED WOODPECKER right at the gate of the service road from the southeast edge of the lower parking lot.

Cheers and good birding!
Michael Hilchey
BRANT Tours
http://www.branttours.com