March 13 - all 3 species and good news from banding team

March 13 - all 3 species and good news from banding team

Nancy Cox sent this e-mail on March 13. Many thanks to Raymond VanBuskirk for making life better for the banders next winter!

Hi all,

Raymond did the impossible.  He got us a camper that will fit on our truck to use for Rosy-Finch banding next season!  It has a stove and heater.

He did see all 3 Rosy-Finch species yesterday at the crest (and they were all banded).

We now have a permit to also band in Santa Fe and Taos Counties so things are looking great!

Nancy

Nancy adds:

The camper is not huge but it will be better than just banding out of the truck.