MAR 16 Banding Report-- flocks of 10-30 present, Hepburn's lingering

MAR 16 Banding Report-- flocks of 10-30 present, Hepburn's lingering

Here is Amber's report for March 16:

On 3/16 we did not newly band any birds.  We recaptured 12 Rosy-Finches from this winter season - 6 Gray-crowned (all interior), 1 Brown-capped, and 5 Blacks.  The flock varied in size - anywhere from 10 to 30 birds - with the maximum size of around 50 Rosy-Finches, with several Hepburn's still present.

The weather was clear and warm.  The road and parking lot are also clear of snow.

Banding is good for Sunday [March 20], and as always is dependent on the continued presence of Rosy-Finches.

-Amber West