MAR 13 Banding Report: 18 captures, Hepburns still present

MAR 13 Banding Report: 18 captures, Hepburns still present

Banding team report from Amber West (3/13/16):

Hi all,

Today we newly banded one Rosy-Finch, a Gray-crowned interior.  We also recaptured 17 Rosy-Finches from this winter season - 9 Gray-crowned (all interior), 1 Brown-capped, and 8 Blacks.  The flock varied in size, with the maximum size of around 50 Rosy-Finches, with several Hepburn's still present.

The weather was clear and warm.  The road and parking lot had areas of snow that were largely melted by the end of the day, but be ware of slushy or icy patches remaining in shade.

Banding looks good for Wednesday right now, but is dependent on the continued presence of Rosy-Finches and whether the Crest House will be open.

-Amber West