JAN 27 Banding Report: Flocks of 30-40 all 3 species

JAN 27 Banding Report: Flocks of 30-40 all 3 species

The latest from the banding team (JAN 27):

Hi all,

We newly banded only one interior Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch today.  We did recapture 20 Rosy-Finches from this winter season.  There were 12 Blacks, one Brown-capped, and 7 Gray-crowned (6 interiors and 1 Hepburn's).  We also recaptured two Blacks from the 2014/2015 winter season.  We did see at least one more Brown-capped in the flock. Flock size seemed to be 30 - 40 birds.

The Rosy-Finches stayed away for 2 1/2 hours.  It was a beautiful day so they may have been foraging elsewhere.

The road is good but be careful walking from the parking lot.

Nancy & Steve