JAN 24 Banding Report-- 29 captures, 5 newly banded

JAN 24 Banding Report-- 29 captures, 5 newly banded

The latest report from Nancy and Steve Cox of Rio Grande Birding Research--

Hi all,

It took a while before we caught our first Rosy-Finch today but we managed to newly band 5 Rosy-Finches.  Three were Brown-capped and two were Gray-crowned (one interior and one Hepburn's).  We also recaptured 24 Rosy-Finches from this season (10 Blacks, 4 Brown-capped and 10 Gray-crowned - all interior race).  Flocks of different sizes were coming in with the biggest consisting of about 40 birds.  It was a bitterly cold day with strong winds.

The road was slushy.  There is still a lot of ice in the parking lot so please use caution...

Our next banding day is the 27th of January.

Nancy & Steve