Gray-crowned and Black but no Brown-capped Rosy-Finches reported at feeder

Gray-crowned and Black but no Brown-capped Rosy-Finches reported at feeder

Dave Weaver and Fran Lusso are co-coordinators of the Sandia Crest rosy-finch feeding project. Her is Dave's November 9 report:

Hi Ken,

I went up to the Crest this morning, where it was 28 degrees and sunny with no wind at 10:30am.  The road was clear except for shady corners until about mile 11 when it became packed but passable.  As the morning progressed the melt on top of the snow pack was becoming slippery, but the road remained passable if caution was applied.  The finches seem to be increasing in numbers but there still are only a few evident.  I have attached a log update...

Dave

The log entries have been positive on November 8 and 9th, with totals of 3-6  Rosyfinches, both Black and Gray-crowned. No Brown-capped Rosy-Finches have yet been seen.