Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch at feeder today November 7

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch at feeder today November 7

The flag is flying!

Gene Romero, Manager of the Crest House, just called to report that a single Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch had appeared at the feeder. Only an hour ago I was talking to him and he said the staff and visitors had been keeping an eye out for them and there had been no reports.

The flocks usually begin to show up within hours or a day or so after the first sighting.

Please post to the Forum with any updated reports.

Thanks!

Re: Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch at feeder today November 7

Monica Fletcher
Hello Folks,

I just have to share with you that I was the person that spotted the gray-crowned at Crest House.  I live in Washington State, and folks, banders and local avid birders told me that I should make the trek up to the crest, that no birds had been seen, but that I might be lucky, and that the view was fantastic.  Birders tell no lies.  What a thrill.  I had such a great week in Alburquerque, Rio Grande Nature Center, friendly and welcoming bird walk leaders, participants, banders, Petroglyph NM, Tingley ponds.  A wonderful visit "topped" off on the top.  You all have a LOVELY exciting place to live with LOTS of sun.  A tonic and a joy.  Keep up your great citizen science work.  Gene and company at the Crest House were great AND I bought two beautiful pairs of earrings after the Rosy-finch flew off.  Happy Birding