GREAT NEWS - CREST HOUSE TO REOPEN FOR WINTER; BANDING SCHEDULE

GREAT NEWS - CREST HOUSE TO REOPEN FOR WINTER; BANDING SCHEDULE

Andy Mayer of Two Mile High LLC announced that they purchased the Sandia Crest House about a month ago! Andy is a native to Albuquerque and outdoor enthusiast, and is learning about all the aspects of life on the mountain and would like to better understand the birding opportunities and the needs of those coming to enjoy this unique location.

Following the purchase, Andy stated: "Our first objective was to break the 6-month closure and simply get back to business.  We have been open 2 weeks.  From there, we are re-evaluating every aspect of what goes on at the property with fresh eyes and no assumptions.  In time there are some exciting things we would like to start rolling out.  We kept on several of the previous employees and have gotten a glimpse into life at 11,000 feet from their perspective."

Since Andy is looking for ideas about how to improve birding opportunities, I invite readers to post your suggestions here in this FORUM and/or on the Sandia Crest Rosy-Finch Project Facebook page

Sandia Crest Rosy-Finch Banding Schedule - Winter 2013/2014
Updated November 13, 2013 at 4:43pm (Subject to change-- check the Sandia Rosy-Finch Project Facebook Page for latest schedule.

Banding will be on Sundays from 10:00am to 2:00pm

Traps are set on the deck and banding is conducted in the apartment underneath the restaurant at the Sandia Crest House. Please email us at mailto:newmexicobirder@gmail.com with questions.

November
    * 24th
December