"Flora of the Sandia Mountains" at Sandia Ranger Station, Tuesday, February 2, 7:00pm

"Flora of the Sandia Mountains" at Sandia Ranger Station, Tuesday, February 2, 7:00pm

Announcing this New Mexico Friends of the Sandia Mountains Presentation at Sandia Ranger Station, Tuesday, February 2, 7:00pm "Flora of the Sandia Mountains"

Hi All,

We are in for a special treat next Tuesday evening. Larry Littlefield and Pearl Burns have been working on an absolutely stunning Flora of the Sandia Mountains, including wildflowers, trees, lichens, plants, etc. Larry has been doing this for the past three years and he enlisted Pearl for her expertise in this field over a year ago. They have included four photos of each of the 230 species in the book and they are magnificent.

Larry completed his graduate work in plant pathology and botany in 1964 at the U. of Minnesota. He was a professor of plant pathology at North Dakota State for 20 years before he and his wife moved to Stillwater, Ok. where he assumed the same position at Oklahoma State University.

Larry and Julie retired to Albuquerque in 2005, and he has been active with Friends of the Sandia Mountains ever since. We all know Pearl and the exceptional contributions that she has made to everyone with any interest in the outdoors for many years. So, please join us for a close up view of our mountain flora that is unequaled.

Gerry Sussman
V.P., Friends of the Sandia Mountains