FOSM-SPONSORED TUESDAY MORNING BIRD WALKS IN THE SANDIAS

FOSM-SPONSORED TUESDAY MORNING BIRD WALKS IN THE SANDIAS

The Friends of the Sandia Mountains (comprised of USFS volunteers and alumni) are sponsoring Tuesday Morning bird walks again this year. Here is the announcement from Sally Lowder, FOSM Board member. Check the USFS Web site to keep track of fire closures and restrictions: http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/cibola/alerts-notices

Hello everyone:

With all the changes at the Sandia Ranger Station, we are trying to keep things as "normal" as possible.  Melissa Howard has informed us that the usual BIRD WALKS will continue this year until we find out more about closure.  Here is the information I have so far:

Guided bird walks will begin at the Ranger Station in Tijeras at 8:00 a.m. on May 7, 14, 21 and 28. Plan to carpool from the Ranger Station to sites on the east side of the Sandia Mountains. A federal recreation pass or $3.00 amenity fee is required at some sites. For more information please call 505-286-9365.  (Melissa Howard)

Sally Lowder
FOSM Board
rjlowder@msn.com