FEB 10 Banding report-- large flocks present all 3 species

FEB 10 Banding report-- large flocks present all 3 species

Nancy Cox provided this report (FEB 10)--

On February 10 we newly banded 15 more Rosy-Finches.  Fourteen were Blacks, and 1 Gray-crowned (interior).  We recaptured two Blacks from this season.

Two distinct flocks flew in, one of around 150 birds and one of around 100 birds.  Altogether there were at least 200 Blacks, 15 Brown-capped, and a few Gray-crowned mixed in.  There was at least one Gray-crowned Hepburn's in the bigger flock.

The upper parking lot is still not plowed but the lower parking lot has been plowed.