Eye-Popping Rosy-Finch Images from Steve Fettig

Eye-Popping Rosy-Finch Images from Steve Fettig

Friends:

It's snowing hard here for the second day in a row.  So I thought I would share some recent photos while hoping that the new snow brings in many more rosy-finches for this coming Sunday.

Attached are three photos of rosy-finches.  All are of adult males.  The Black (BLRF) is from January 17, 2010.  The Brown-capped  (BCRF) is from December 12, 2009.  The Gray-crowned (GCRF) is from November 29, 2009.

Enjoy.

Steve

Stephen Fettig

Photos (c) 2010 Stephen Fettig and are used with his permission

Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch, adult male:

Brown-capped Rosy-Finch, adult male:

Black Rosy-Finch, adult male:

Re: Eye-Popping Rosy-Finch Images from Steve Fettig

I should have pointed out that Steve Fettig has an excellent article in the November 2009 issue of the ABA Birding Magazine, in which he illustrates plumage differences and variations between subadult and adult male and female Black Rosy-Finches.