Brown-capped Rosy-Finch-- Age?

Image courtesy of Loren Hansen

#2646 LOREN: First year Brown-capped Rosy-Finch, February 24, 2010

KEN: Bird is very dark, almost black, but I have to say that it is dark brown, not truly black, and agree with you that it is (probably a female) immature Brown-capped RF in formative plumage

STEVE:#2646 is a formative plumage female Brown-capped Rosy-Finch (BCRF). I'm calling it a female because of the minimal amount of pink in the belly.  Also the near lack of any pink in the edging of the primaries points to a young bird.