Birding along the Crest Road

Reported on AZ/NM Birds

Date:    Sun, 22 Aug 2010 15:01:34 -0600
From:    Celestyn M Brozek
Subject: Sandia Mts. NM

Visited Sandia Mts.: Sulphur Canyon picnic ground and Tree Spring/Oso Corredor trails, hiked about 1 mile one way.

It was quite birdy, 31 species.  The best were all nesting and 3 migratory warblers, that is 9 warblers:
Orange-crowned, Nashville Warbler (at Oso Corredor), Virginia's, Yellow-rump, Black-throated Gray, Townsend's (in full force, ~ 7), Grace's, McGillivray's, and Wilson's (also plenty).

Several Plumbeous-type Vireo were singing, the two I could see were Plumbeous; I found no Cassin's.  One Olive-sided Flycatcher.  Several W. Wood-Pewees, and other common species.

Celestyn Brozek, Albuquerque