Banding report - Sunday, February 21

Report from the banding team-- they captured 88 birds:

Hi all,

Today we newly banded 3 Rosy-Finches (one Black and two Brown-capped).  We handled 77 recaptures of which 11 were birds from previous seasons that we had not yet seen this season.  There were at least three 6 year old birds in this group.  We have now seen 86 Rosy-Finches this season that we originally banded in previous years.

We also placed a transmitter on a Gray-crowned Rosy-Finch (interior).  This Gray-crowned was one we originally banded on 7 January 2007.

It was snowing as we left and the road was snow packed with 3 to 4 inches of fresh snow from the ski area to the crest.  The Crest House closed at 2 p.m. today due to the adverse weather.

Steve & Nancy