Banding Report: Sunday, November 20

Nancy Cox sent us this message yesterday evening--

Hi all,

As some of you know we recaptured a Black Rosy-Finch today.  She was a second year bird that we first banded on January 16, 2011.  In other words she is still a second year bird.

We also newly banded 7 Black Rosy-Finches.  They were all hatch year birds.

We had a very friendly and generous crowd observing our operations.  We want to thank them.

Most of the group went looking for the Three-Toed Woodpecker but they were not successful.  Some of us though got to see a bobcat near the 8000' elevation sign along the road.

...we also recaptured 3 Mountain Chickadees from January and February 2011. We recaptured a male Red-breasted Nuthatch from Feb 1, 2009. He is now 4 years old. Another Red-breasted Nuthatch that we recaptured was from Dec 2, 2007. She was an adult when we first banded so we don't know exactly how old she is but she is an "after 5 year old".

Thanks everyone for your help and hope to see many of you next Sunday.

Nancy