Banding Report-- Sunday, December 13

The 2000 mark has been surpassed! Here is the banding team's report:

Hi all,

We newly banded another 21 Rosy-Finches today.  We had 11 Brown-capped, 8 Blacks and 2 Gray-crowned.  We have now banded over 2000 Rosy-Finches since we started this project in January 2004.

We also recaptured another six species from previous years.  There were 4 Brown-capped and 2 Blacks.  Four were from the winter of 2007/2008 and 2 were from the winter 2008/2009.

The road was mostly clear.  Gene and crew made wonderful brisket sandwiches and green chili stew.

Nancy & Steve