Banding Report- January 17; Pine Grosbeaks and Three-toes

Banding Report- January 17; Pine Grosbeaks and Three-toes

Here is today's report from the Rio Grande Bird Research banding team:

Hi all,

We banded 10 birds today. We had 5 Blacks, 4 Brown-capped and 1
Gray-crowned (interior race). We also recaptured another 3 Rosy-Finches
from 2007/2008 season (1 Black and 2 Brown-capped).

The flock is still approximately 75 birds. We are seeing a lot of
banded birds.

The road had a few spots with ice but was otherwise clear. The only
snow to really worry about is still between the parking lot and the
Crest House. Please be careful walking in this area.

The WINGS group were successful on their hike to the Kiwanis meadow
looking for the American Three-toed Woodpeckers. They had both a male
and a female. They also saw Pine Grosbeaks in the same area.

Nancy & Steve