BIRDERS: IF YOU VISIT SANDIA CREST, PLEASE SEND US YOUR OBSERVATIONS

BIRDERS: IF YOU VISIT SANDIA CREST, PLEASE SEND US YOUR OBSERVATIONS

If you visit Sandia Crest, please send us your observations.

Sandia Crest House is undergoing a change in ownership and has been on an uncertain schedule. There is no longer a US Forest Service or Central New Mexico Audubon Society volunteer assigned to fill the feeders or maintain the sightings logs, so we cannot provide current rosy-finch sightings information.

Normally, the feeders would have been set up by November 1 and the rosies would now be arriving. We do not even have information as to the status of the feeders. Normally, they are stored in safekeeping somewhere for the summer but no one seems to know whether this was even done.

The banding team does plan to resume weekend operations as soon as flocks are established. This is usually by mid-November.

So, in order to keep potential visitors informed, please send observations to this FORUM, either posting them directly or to my e-mail address:  Ken Schneider

Please place the sightings date in the subject of your post, eg: "NOV 7: [subject]." The numbers species mix and any additional information may be included in the body of the post.

In order to permit users to post to the FORUM, they must first register and, after verification, be granted "Member" status. This is necessary in order to exclude trolls, advertisers and spam messages. Follow the link in the header on this page.

A reminder: be sure to check and also enter your sightings into eBird, as a sightings log is no longer maintained at Crest House:

Cibola NF -- Sandia Crest
https://ebird.org/hotspot/L141172

Cibola NF -- Sandia Crest Rd.
https://ebird.org/hotspot/L619970