79 newly banded on December 12 - Next session January 9 (tentative)

79 newly banded on December 12 - Next session January 9 (tentative)

Here is today's report from the banding team. The Hepburn's are in!

Even though there is no snow to speak of at the crest, we had a very productive day.  There were a lot of Rosy-Finches.

Most of them were probably new arrivals as we newly banded another 79 birds, with only 9 birds that were already banded, all from this season. We banded 63 Black Rosy-Finches, 6 Brown-capped Rosy-Finches and 10 Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches (8 interior race, 2 Hepburnā€™s).  The already banded birds were all Black Rosy-Finches.  All but six of the 88 Rosy-Finches were hatch year birds.

Our next banding session will probably occur on January 9, 2011.

Thanks to everyone who has helped with this project and we wish everyone Happy Holidays!

Nancy & Steve